Choosing bridal jewelry can be a fun and exciting part of your wedding planning, but it can also be overwhelming if you don’t know where to start. Here are 8 tips to help you find the perfect pieces for your big day.
1. Find your comfort zone and then push it a little.
You can wear something more formal or glitzy than your usual style, but don’t go too far from what makes you feel confident.
2. Match your metals to your dress color.
For example, if your dress is white, platinum or silver jewelry will look best. If your dress is ivory, gold jewelry will enhance the creamy shade.
3. Consider your dress’s neckline and choose jewelry that complements it.
For instance, a sweetheart or strapless neckline can look great with a choker or a statement earring, while a V-neck can be paired with a pendant or a layered necklace.
4. Incorporate sentimental pieces into your look, such as heirlooms or gifts from your partner.
You can also work with a jeweler to customize or redesign a piece that has special meaning to you.
5. Don’t be afraid to mix up your metals, as long as you do it intentionally and harmoniously.
You can also mix different styles of jewelry, such as vintage and modern, for a unique and personal look.
6. Choose jewelry that matches your personality and style, not just the latest trends.
You want to look like yourself on your wedding day, not someone else.
7. Add some sparkle to your hair with pins, combs, vines, or tiaras.
You can also coordinate your hair accessories with your earrings or necklace for a cohesive look.
8. Let your veil take the spotlight if you’re wearing one.
Avoid wearing too many or too large pieces of jewelry that might compete with your veil. Instead, opt for simple and elegant pieces that enhance your overall look.